Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
Junior professional staff work under the supervision of more senior team members to perform basic assurance, accounting and taxation duties and assist them in fulfilling the firm’s objectives.
- Prepare write-ups of client transactions
- Prepare working paper files
- Perform walkthroughs and control tests for clients’ accounting systems
- Perform audit procedures for less critical audits
- Conduct cut-off testing
- Prepare and send accounts receivable and payable confirmations
- Assist with inventory observation procedures
- Input data for personal and corporate tax returns
Bachelor’s degree in accounting completed or near completion
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance and accounting principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31. Overtime is expected during peak business periods. Many assignments require travel to a client’s premises.
Junior staff may be eligible for a promotion to an intermediate position once they have acquired sufficient experience (1-2 years) and have demonstrated an adequate level of proficiency in the duties listed above.