Samy joined SLF in 2017, bringing with him over 20 years of tax planning, corporate development, strategic planning, M&A and financing experience with public and private companies in the pharmaceutical, public accounting and IT fields. He has managed corporate income tax planning for Canadian-based companies with activities outside the country, overseen technical applications for R&D tax credits, and developed and implemented tax deferral and reduction strategies designed to maximize credits and deductions while minimizing capital and provincial taxes.
Samy’s highly developed communication skills allow him to easily interact with executives, regulatory agencies, vendors and staff and to build successful relationships with his clients. He draws on his technical knowledge to manage tax- and legal-driven projects in the context of M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, and domestic and international financing deals, as well as mandates such as estates, trusts and corporate/personal tax planning.
- CA, CPA (Completion of uniform final examination) – 1987
- Université du Québec à Montréal, BBA (Accounting) – 1986
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) – 2010
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Quebec
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de planification fiscale et financière