Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
Supervisory professional staff oversee junior, intermediate and senior team members during audit and/or review engagements and report to the manager on the progress of various initiatives and on any issues encountered. Supervisors should have extensive audit experience and be proficient in the tasks required of senior staff.
- Coordinate and deliver accounting, audit and review services
- Plan audit engagements
- Identify accounting and auditing issues, perform and document research to solve issues as they arise
- Perform complex financial analysis
- Determine the required scope of audited and unaudited procedures and select transactions to be tested
- Identify opportunities for improved controls and enhanced efficiency
- Adhere to budgetary and time constraints
- Direct, instruct, guide and train junior, intermediate and senior staff on work to be performed
- Review the work done by junior, intermediate and senior staff
- Prepare and review working papers
- Hand in completed files to manager
- Prepare and review personal and corporate tax returns
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a professional designation; CPA auditor in good standing
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance and accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and French)
- Understanding of complex audit accounting and tax issues
- Advanced level of computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office, CaseWare and tax preparation software
- Strong organizational, multitasking and leadership abilities
- 4 to 5 years of audit and tax experience within an audit team
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31. Overtime is expected during peak business periods. Many assignments require travel to a client’s premises. Work-life balance supporter with options of flexible schedule and remote working.