Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
Senior professional staff supervise junior and intermediate team members in the field during audit and/or review engagements and report to the manager on the progress of various initiatives and on any issues encountered. Senior staff should have extensive experience with and be proficient in the tasks required of junior and intermediate team members.
- Coordinate and deliver accounting, audit and review services for smaller projects or as part of a larger engagement team
- Prepare engagement planning
- Identify accounting and auditing issues
- Determine the required scope of audited and unaudited procedures and select transactions to be tested
- Identify opportunities for improved controls and enhanced efficiency
- Adhere to budgetary and time constraints
- Direct and instruct intermediate and junior staff on work to be performed
- Review the work done by junior and intermediate staff
- Prepare working papers
- Prepare personal, corporate and trust tax returns
CPA professional designation completed or near completion
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance and accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and French)
- Advanced level of computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office, CaseWare and tax preparation software
- Strong organizational, multitasking and leadership abilities
- 2 to 3 years of audit and tax experience within an audit team
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31. Overtime is expected during peak business periods. Many assignments require travel to a client’s premises.
Senior staff may be eligible for a promotion to a supervisory position once they have acquired
sufficient experience (4-5 years) and have demonstrated leadership ability and an adequate level of proficiency in the duties listed above, as well as knowledge of auditing, accounting and taxation issues and an ability to supervise and train less experienced staff.