Secretarial and Administrative Support
Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
Secretarial and Administrative Support provides daily support of professional staff to produce and assemble client financial documents, letters, and government returns. Coordinate workflow to optimize delivery of finished product. Interaction using CaseWare and CaseView and other desktop systems. Maintain client files on the network, in filing room and at offsite storage facilities.
- Monitor, coordinate and supervise secretarial workflow in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of quality, accountability, and teamwork
- Accurately and efficiently format, proof, finalize and distribute Firm documents, adhering to the established guidelines and quality control methodologies and standards
- Confirm completeness and accuracy of own work and check the work of others to confirm there are zero defects in order to minimize errors
- Modify and update the CaseView financial statement template when new accounting presentation standards are enacted
- Assists professional staff with CaseView financial statements template
- Help to improve/develop CaseView statement templates
- Assist with other administrative duties, including but not limited to partner and professional staff support
- Pick up, deliver and log files for quality control
- Final close of client documents and filing, ensuring all required documentation is complete as per CPA Canada standards
- Efiling of client returns
- Control of client documents and cheques sent to governments
- Manage filling of firm digital resources materials (templates, training manual, seminar, audit and review questionnaires)
- Perform liaison with vendor for catering, training functions
- Source and purchase stationery, advertising promotional items
- Order and maintain purchases for library
- Relief reception and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Make use of available developing technologies to find efficiency gain
- Participate in translation mandates.
- Through knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office,
- Technical Experience with CaseWare and CaseView
- Ability to use tax preparation software for e-filing and assembly purposes
- Practical comprehension of financial statements
- Knowledge and expertise in desktop publishing
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work with all levels of professional staff using well developed communication skills
- Strong bilingual communicator in both French and English (Oral and written)
- Responsible and discreet with utmost professional integrity
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31.