Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
The Tax Manger is to provide efficient strategies to individuals and corporations to help them minimize their tax liabilities. Service our client base in a variety of tax compliance/planning related mandates and carry out engagements such as corporate reorganizations and estate planning.
- Identify non-compliance and tax planning issues and assess strategies on complex tax concepts.
- Apply tax knowledge to achieve results on engagements and maximize business opportunities for clients.
- Participate in dispute analysis and settlements with tax authorities.
- Share planning ideas with clients through effective communications and contribute to achieving team goals.
- Prepare and review tax returns for individuals, corporations, and trusts, as well as other tax forms.
- Participate in tax training development and facilitation.
- Effectively apply research tools, document the results and draw appropriate conclusions (risk analysis).
Completed the Master of Taxation program (M. Fisc.) or CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Courses. CPA Designation is an asset.
- 5+ years of relevant work tax experience in a public accounting firm.
- Demonstrate in-depth Canadian tax knowledge and keep informed of changing tax laws.
- Develop excellent presentation/facilitation/writing skills on various tax issues (French and English).
- Use technology efficiently, e.g. reports, tables, presentations, and tax softwares (Taxprep, DtMax, and CCH).
- Take ownership of engagement, manage deliverables, achieve appropriate turnaround, accept accountability, and ensure deadlines are communicated and met.
- Develop skills in managing, mentoring and coaching others, providing constructive feedback.
- Develop a strong work ethic and commitment to service excellence (confidentiality, integrity and honesty).
- Client-oriented. Analytical mind and team spirit.
- Reliable, organized, and meticulous. Resourceful and autonomous.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31. Overtime is expected during peak business periods. Many assignments require travel to a client’s premises.