Schwartz Levitsky Feldman, LLP, one of Canada’s largest partnerships of chartered professional accountants, provides a full range of auditing, accounting, taxation, business valuation, litigation support, computer consulting, management consulting, insolvency and financial crisis services. Worldwide representation is offered through SLF’s affiliation with HLB International.
Managerial professional staff lead and supervise senior, intermediate and junior team members during audit and/or review engagements and provide accounting and tax advice to the firm’s clients. Managers should have extensive audit experience and be proficient in the tasks required of junior, intermediate and senior staff.
- Lead teams of senior, intermediate and junior staff in performing audit and review engagements
- Directly address complex audit, accounting and tax issues
- Monitor audit workflow
- Keep partners informed of audit progress
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new clients
- Approve audit planning
- Perform complex financial analysis
- Participate in tax planning
- Review work performed by designated staff members
- Assist designated staff members with their professional development by monitoring their work and providing training as required
- Remain knowledgeable of recent changes in accounting and audit standards and their impact on clients
- Ensure compliance with both the firm’s policies and procedures and current accounting and auditing standards
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a professional designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, CPA CMA); CPA auditor in good standing
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance and accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and French)
- Advanced level of computer literacy and experience using Microsoft Office, CaseWare and tax preparation software
- Strong organizational, multitasking and leadership abilities
- Thorough understanding of and experience with complex auditing, accounting and tax issues
- Experience managing all facets of audit engagements, including mentoring and development of supervisors, senior team members and staff accountants
- 5-6 years of audit and tax experience within an audit team.
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from January 1 to April 30 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 1 to December 31. Overtime is expected during peak business periods. Many assignments require travel to a client’s premises.